Resolved
1.4

Update by user Mar 24

The company gave a partial refund and I took it as I was not prepared to ship the wig back to them for a full refund less shipping as I would have needed to put tracking on the parcel to ensure delivery and that was not financially beneficial.

Original review posted by user Feb 27

I ordered a supposedly Afro Kinky Human Hair wig from wigsbuy. As is my practice before wearing human wigs I wash them.

As soon as the water hit this wig and please note... no shampoo was added... the wig went from a kinky curly looking texture to a wavy straight and elongated Caucasian texture. I tried to communicate with wigsbuy and request a refund.

I sent the pictures and they offered me $20 on a $135 wig!! No matter how I explained that this was false advertising and that I should be able to wet my human hair wig without loosing texture they just stuck to the script and said as I could not return the wig in shipped condition I could not get a refund!!

Total scammers.

This happened just a few days ago February 2018. The Pic is after getting wet and being allowed to air dry - go to the included product page to see the texture they claim the wig had.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wigsbuy Human Hair Wig.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Being scammed, Faulty advertising, Refusal to take responsibility for fraudulent advertsing, Claiming hair is afro kinky hair when it is caucasian hair.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 27.

Comments

Right they are. You violated any warranty the instant you soaked it.

Rough but true. They have been extremely reasonable offering you any compensation at all.

After posting in this forum I was recontacted my Wigsbuy and they offered me a $50 cash refund which I accepted given that previously they offered no compensation for the wig quality. I still don’t have the desired Afro kinky wig but at least some effort was made to accept responsibility.

Hi,So sorry to hear that you had some problems, could you please let me know your order number at reviews@wigsbuy.com so that I could be able to help you?Thank you.

to Anonymous #1439380

No Im done! Ive emailed, used the chat feature on wigsbuy.com and all Ive gotten is the run around.

I was ckearly told last night that because I could not ship the wig in original condition I would receive no compensation. Despite explaining that the texture was misrepreaented which was only fully evident once the unit got wet.

WIGSBUY said they will not refund any portion of monies paid because the wig is not in its original condition. The only reason their is any pretense of seeking to fix this situation is because you are now getting bad public reviews.